Torah in Action
“…the more we do good, the more readily do we grasp the meaning of duty and life…”
A strong commitment to social justice is a hallmark of Temple life. Members are always involved in the community and new social action initiatives are launched each year. In addition to several funds that support community and tzedakah needs, there are several ongoing projects in which to become involved.
- TBI in Action
- Feb 25th – We Were Strangers: The plight of asylum-seekers in Israel, and how we should respond
- Maot Chitim—Passover Delivery—Delivery from here—March 25, 2018 (No Sunday School) *VOLUNTEERS NEEDED (Call TBI Office to sign up.)
- Blood Drive/Health Fair—April 8th, 2018
- Ark Donations—100 Items for 100 Years!
- Don’t forget to vote! March Primary Elections – March 20. Not yet registered? Click here.
- Kol HaKavod (Well Done!)
- Herzl Gift Delivery—(ABC Channel 7)—Watch here for the full story. Read the story from Times of Israel.
- Havdalah and a Mitzvah participants made cookies and get well cards for sick congregants, dog toys for pets in shelters, and decorated cookies for a local homeless organization on January 6, 2018.
- Brit Olam signed with Religious Action Center.
- The Birthday Giving Project – One Birthday helps another! Thanks to all who helped brighten a child’s birthday by building these bags.
- Social Action Opportunities In Our Greater Community
- From the URJ—To all those facing challenges as we begin 5778, we know you join us in praying for peace, wholeness, and health for everyone. The best ways to help those in need of assistance is to donate to this organization with whom we are partnering to provide relief in the impacted areas: NECHAMA: A Jewish Response to Disaster
- Taking Aim at Gun Violence in Chicago – March 16, 2018