Torah in Action
“…the more we do good, the more readily do we grasp the meaning of duty and life…”
A strong commitment to social justice is a hallmark of Temple life. Members are always involved in the community and new social action initiatives are launched each year. In addition to several funds that support community and tzedakah needs, there are several ongoing projects in which to become involved.
- TBI in Action
- Recommitment to Mazon – At TBI events with food, there will be an ask for an additional 3% donation to go towards Mazon.
- Green Initiative-Reduce waste at TBI events
- RAC-IL-Religious Action Council initiatives to improve the lives of others though improving laws regarding immigrant justice and criminal justice reform
- The TapCancerOut – The Alyssa Brand Story
- Kol HaKavod (Well Done!)
- TBI 4 pilot Green events using compostable products and provided education to the community at large about reducing waste.
- The first day of Sunday school, the YES Committee helped the kids make dog toys to donate to a local animal shelter!
- Rosh HaShanah Ark Food collection – Pick up your bag at the High Holidays and drop off the filled bag to Temple Beth Israel by Simchat Torah!
- Social Action Opportunities In Our Greater Community
- To all those facing challenges during 5780, we know you join us in praying for peace, wholeness, and health for everyone. The best ways to help those in need of assistance is to donate to this organization with whom we are partnering to provide relief in the impacted areas: NECHAMA: A Jewish Response to Disaster
- Disaster Relief Fund – JUF fund which sends on a full 100% of the monies donated.
- JDC – American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee – Relief funds for Indonesia Earthquake relief fund
- Help Make a House a Home – Evanston project
- Looking to help? WINGS or Connections for the Homeless could use your help!