Torah in Action
“…the more we do good, the more readily do we grasp the meaning of duty and life…”
A strong commitment to social justice is a hallmark of Temple life. Members are always involved in the community and new social action initiatives are launched each year. In addition to several funds that support community and tzedakah needs, there are several ongoing projects in which to become involved.
- TBI in Action
- Maot Chitim Delivery – April 14, 2019
- UNjudge Someone – Evanston Library (April 14, 2019)
- Recommitment to Mazon – At TBI events with food, there will be an ask for an additional 3% donation to go towards Mazon.
- Kol HaKavod (Well Done!)
- TBI hosted a wonderful Health fair and blood drive for our local community.
- Responding to Domestic Violence & Homelessness – Sisterhood • Brotherhood • Social Action Council of Temple Beth Israel hosted a panel discussion responding to Domestic Violence & Homelessness on Tuesday, February 26, 2019. Representatives from WINGS and Connections for the Homeless will be joining us and presenting in this powerful discussion.
- Social Action Opportunities In Our Greater Community
- To all those facing challenges during 5779, we know you join us in praying for peace, wholeness, and health for everyone. The best ways to help those in need of assistance is to donate to this organization with whom we are partnering to provide relief in the impacted areas: NECHAMA: A Jewish Response to Disaster
- Disaster Relief Fund – JUF fund which sends on a full 100% of the monies donated.
- JDC – American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee – Relief funds for Indonesia Earthquake relief fund
- Looking to help? WINGS or Connections for the Homeless could use your help!