A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Friday Evening, September 20, is Likrat Shabbat and Kabbalat Shabbat
We gather to welcome Shabbat at Likrat Shabbat on Friday, September 20 at 5:30PM. Enjoy refreshments, visit with friends and transition from the work week. At 6:05PM we will enjoy Kabbalat Shabbat Services and honor our 3rd Grade class and their families starting Hebrew School!
Saturday, September 21, is Shabbat Morning Torah Study
Join with Rabbi Weinberg and TBI members as we meet over the text of Torah and together explore its meaning, Saturday morning 9:00AM – 10:15AM in Rabbi’s Study. Newcomers welcome!
Saturday, September 21, is Shabbat Morning Worship
Shabbat morning worship will be held in the Lorge Sanctuary on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 10:30AM.
Sundays at TBI – A Place to Gather, Learn, and Enjoy Time Together!
- There is Bet Midrash on September 22, 2019.
- Torah 101 will meet at 9:00AM.
- Adult Hebrew will meet beginning at 9:00AM.
- YES Committee will meet at 9:15AM.
- The Brotherhood sponsored breakfast begins at 9:00AM
- The Co-sponsored Brotherhood and Adult Education Sunday Morning Seminar featuring Margaret McMullan begins at 10:00AM.
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Wednesday, September 18 – Adult Learning Lunch and Learn – 12:00PM
- Thursday, September 19 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Friday, September 20 – Challah for the Holidays Order Deadline
- Saturday, September 21 – Selichot Study and Prayer – 9:15PM
- Sunday, September 22 – Brotherhood Meeting and Breakfast – 9:00AM
- Sunday, September 22 – Sunday Morning Seminar Co-Sponsored by Brotherhood – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, September 25 – Sisterhood Program: Women and Money – 7:00PM
- Thursday, September 26 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Wednesday, October 2 – Sisterhood Open Program Meeting – 12:00PM
- Thursday, October 3 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Thursday, October 3 – High Holiday Choir Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Sunday, October 6 – Torah 101 – The Book of Kings – 9:00AM
- Sunday, October 6 – Mahj Drop In – 9:00AM
- Sunday, October 6 – Coffee Chat – Discussions on readings – 10:00AM
- Thursday, October 10 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Sunday, October 13 – Torah 101 – The Book of Kings – 9:00AM
- Sunday, October 13 – Sisterhood Board Meeting – 10:00AM
- Sunday, October 13 – Sukkot Service & Pizza in the Hut – 5:30PM
- Monday, October 14 – Sukkot Morning Service with Kiddush Luncheon to Follow – 10:30AM
- Wednesday, October 16 – Adult Lunch and Learn – 12:00PM
- Wednesday, October 16 – TBI Board Meeting – 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 17 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Sunday, October 20 – Blood Drive sponsored TBI Brotherhood – 8:00AM
- Sunday, October 20 – B’Nai Mitzvah Seminar – 8:30AM
- Sunday, October 20 – Simchat Torah Services and Dinner – 5:30PM/6:45PM
- Monday, October 21 – Simchat Torah Services including Yizkor and Luncheon – 10:30AM
We are currently growing the library through membership in the Jewish Book Council which provides an annual shipment of new publications as well as access to contemporary authors. The reviews below are submitted by TBI Members to TBIBookReview@gmail.com.
Looking forward to back to school shopping? Click here to purchase gift cards and benefit TBI at the same time!
TBI members and Friends of TBI made the holidays a little brighter for the kids at Herzl school. Channel 7 was there to film.
Centennial Celebrations with TBI in the News!
A Centennial birthday is a big deal and certainly should be celebrated. The leadership of Temple Beth Israel has been working on engaging programs and amazing ideas that honor our past and look towards our future, complete with a birthday party on January 31, 2018. Read the news and enjoy Word from the Heart from our fellow congregants.
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?