A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Friday Evening, October 18, 2019, is Kabbalat Shabbat
We gather to welcome Shabbat at Likrat Shabbat on Friday, October 18, 2019 at 5:30PM. Enjoy refreshments, visit with friends and transition from the work week. At 6:05PM, we will enjoy Kabbalat Shabbat Services and celebrate a few special Simchas!
Shabbat Morning Torah Study is Saturday, October 19, 2019
Join Rabbi Weinberg and TBI members as we meet over the text of Torah and together explore its meaning, Saturday morning 9:00AM – 10:15AM in Rabbi’s Study. Newcomers welcome!
Shabbat Morning Worship is on Saturday, October 19, 2019
Shabbat morning worship will be held in the Lorge Sanctuary on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 10:30AM.
Simchat Torah Supper and Services is October 20, 2019
On Sunday, October 20 at 6:45pm, the TBI community celebrates Erev Simchat Torah and Consecration of our newest students (Kindergarteners and all new first and second grade students) and dancing with the Torah. For those who choose, there will be supper preceding the service at 5:30pm. Please reserve your spot for supper by calling the office or register online.
Sundays at TBI – A Place to Gather, Learn, and Enjoy Time Together!
- There is Bet Midrash on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
- Blood Drive hosted by TBI Brotherhood begins at 8:00AM
- B’nai Mitzvah Seminar will meet at 8:30AM
- Torah 101 will meet at 9:00AM
- Adult Hebrew will meet at 9:00AM
- Erev Simchat Torah Supper and Services – 5:30PM/6:45PM
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Wednesday, October 16 – Adult Lunch and Learn – 12:00PM
- Wednesday, October 16 – TBI Board Meeting – 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 17 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Sunday, October 20 – Blood Drive sponsored TBI Brotherhood – 8:00AM
- Sunday, October 20 – B’nai Mitzvah Seminar – 8:30AM
- Sunday, October 20 – Erev Simchat Torah Services and Dinner – 5:30PM/6:45PM
- Monday, October 21 – Simchat Torah Services including Yizkor and Luncheon – 10:30AM
- Wednesday, October 23 – Sisterhood Study with Rabbi Weinberg – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, October 23 – Sisterhood Book Discussion Group – 7:00PM
- Thursday, October 24 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Thursday, October 24 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Sunday, October 27 – Torah 101 – The Book of Kings – 9:00AM
- Sunday, October 27 – Social Action Council – 12:00PM
- Monday, October 28 – Wiggles and Giggles – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, October 30 – Sisterhood Study with Rabbi Weinberg – 10:00AM
- Thursday, October 31 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Sunday, November 3 – The Bagel Inquiry, sponsored by YES – 9:00AM
- Sunday, November 3 – Torah 101 – The Book of Kings – 9:00AM
- Sunday, November 3 – Sisterhood Membership Luncheon – 1:15PM
- Monday, November 4 – Adult Education Fall Series – Guest Lecturer Professor Barry Wimpfheimer – 6:00PM/6:45PM
- Tuesday, November 5 – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel – Discussion and Dinner – 6:00PM
- Wednesday, November 6 – Sisterhood Study with Rabbi Weinberg – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, November 6 – Sisterhood Open Program Meeting – 12:00PM
- Wednesday, November 6 – Jewish Life Council Meeting – 7:30PM
- Thursday, November 7 – Koleynu Rehersal – 7:00PM
- Friday, November 8 – Veteran’s Erev Shabbat Service with Koleynu – 7:30PM
- Saturday, November 9 – Family Shabbat Morning Services and Potluck Luncheon – 10:30AM
- Sunday, November 10 – Torah 101 – The Book of Kings – 9:00AM
- Sunday, November 10 – Brotherhood Meeting – 9:00AM
- Sunday, November 10 – TBI and Sharsheret Welcome Adeena Sussman – 10:00AM
- Sunday, November 10 – Sisterhood Board Meeting – 12:15PM
TBI Fall Fundraiser
Teams compete for a night of fun and entertainment!
Not sure? Ask Dan Miller –
Not interested in singing? Just come those brave singers on! Click here to see the wide selection of songs to sing!
We are currently growing the library through membership in the Jewish Book Council which provides an annual shipment of new publications as well as access to contemporary authors. The reviews below are submitted by TBI Members to TBIBookReview@gmail.com.
Looking forward to back to school shopping? Click here to purchase gift cards and benefit TBI at the same time!
TBI members and Friends of TBI made the 2018 holidays a little brighter for the kids at Herzl school. Channel 7 was there to film.
Centennial Celebrations with TBI in the News!
A Centennial birthday is a big deal and certainly should be celebrated. The leadership of Temple Beth Israel has been working on engaging programs and amazing ideas that honor our past and look towards our future, complete with a birthday party on January 31, 2018. Read the news and enjoy Word from the Heart from our fellow congregants.
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?