A vibrant and creative presence in Skokie, the North Shore and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel is a diverse population of Reform Jews. Together we share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times and work to make the world a better place. Our new Rabbi, Rachel Kaplan Marks, creates worship and study that is welcoming and engaging to all.
Erev Shabbat Worship – Friday, September 30, 2022
When I observe Shabbat, I feel the presence of the Divine
(Ibn Ezra, Siddur Sefard)
As we are taught, on Shabbat we try to become attuned to holiness in time. Temple Beth Israel offers these varied, inspiring, joyful, and soulful Shabbat worship experiences so that we can share in that holiness together. All services can be accessed both in person in the Lorge Sanctuary or via our livestream.
Erev Shabbat Services begin at 6:05pm
Shabbat Morning Worship, on October 1, 2022
Our weekly Shabbat Morning Services offer a blend of traditional prayer, nusach (musical themes), and contemporary melodies. It also includes a Torah service. This heimish (Yiddish for at home or comfortable) service, will include the Bar Mitzvah of one of our members. Services begin at 10:30 am.
In order to attend in-person, attendees must be vaccinated and be prepared to present COVID vaccination cards.
Sundays at TBI – A Place to Gather, Learn, and Enjoy Time Together!
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Thursday, September 29 – High Holy Day Choir Practice – 7:00pm
- Sunday, October 2 – YES Committee Meeting – 9:00am
- Sunday, October 2 – Sisterhood Board Meeting – 10:00am
- Sunday, October 2 – High Holy Day Choir Rehearsal
- Tuesday, October 4 – Temple Office Closed at Noon
- Tuesday, October 4 – Kol Nidre Services @ ETHS – 8:15pm
- Wednesday, October 5 – Temple Office Closed
- Wednesday, October 5 – Yom Kippur Family Service @ ETHS – 9:00am
- Wednesday, October 5 – Yom Kippur Morning Service @ ETHS – 10:30am
- Wednesday, October 5 – Yom Kippur Afternoon Service with Yizkor and N’ilah @ ETHS – 3:oopm
- Sunday, October 9 – Fall Family Fair @ Lovelace Park – 4:15pm
- Sunday, October 9 – Pizza in the Hut @ Lovelace Park – 5:15pm
- Sunday, October 9 – Erev Sukkot Services @ Lovelace Park – 6:00pm
- Monday, October 10 – Temple Office Closed
- Monday, October 10 – Sukkot Morning Services – 10:30am
Looking forward to back to school shopping? Click here to purchase gift cards and benefit TBI at the same time!
Have you liked us on Facebook?
Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?