A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Summers at TBI – Shabbat in the Park, July 26, 2019
On the 4th Friday of June, July, and August Temple Beth Israel members, friends, and guests gather in a local park for Kabbalat Shabbat worship. The next Shabbat in the Park is planned for 6:00PM on Friday, July 26, 2019, complete with S’mores Trough! Bring your own Shabbat picnic dinner with a potluck dessert. We meet at Lovelace Park (2740 Gross Point Road, Evanston).
Shabbat Morning, Saturday, July 27, 2019, Torah Study
Join with Rabbi Weinberg and TBI members as we meet over the text of Torah and together explore its meaning, Saturday morning 9:00AM – 10:15AM in Rabbi’s Study. Newcomers welcome!
Shabbat Morning, Saturday, July 27, 2019 Worship
Shabbat morning worship will be held in the Lorge Sanctuary on Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 10:30AM.
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Monday, July 22 – Membership Committee Meeting – 7:30PM
- Tuesday, July 23 – Green Team Meeting – 7:00PM
- Thursday, July 25 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Summer Session – 9:30AM
- Thursday, July 25 – TBI Brotherhood Event and Dinner– 6:00PM
- Friday, July 26 – Shabbat at the Park – 6:00PM
- Sunday, July 28 – Sisterhood Mah Jongg Madness – 12:30PM
- Thursday, August 1 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Summer Session – 9:30AM
- Sunday, August 4 – Brotherhood Board Meeting – 9:00AM
- Sunday, August 4 – Sisterhood Board Meeting – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, August 7 – Sisterhood Open Program Meeting – 12:00M
- Thursday, August 8 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Summer Session – 9:30AM
- Saturday, August 10 – Erev Tisha B’Av Observance – 7:30PM
- Wednesday, August 14 – TBI Board Meeting – 8:00PM
We are currently growing the library through membership in the Jewish Book Council which provides an annual shipment of new publications as well as access to contemporary authors. The reviews below are submitted by TBI Members to TBIBookReview@gmail.com.
TBI members and Friends of TBI made the holidays a little brighter for the kids at Herzl school. Channel 7 was there to film.
Centennial Celebrations with TBI in the News!
A Centennial birthday is a big deal and certainly should be celebrated. The leadership of Temple Beth Israel has been working on engaging programs and amazing ideas that honor our past and look towards our future, complete with a birthday party on January 31, 2018. Read the news and enjoy Word from the Heart from our fellow congregants.
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?