A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Pizza in the Hut/Erev Sukkot is Monday, September 20, 2021
On Monday evening, September 20 at 5:30pm, we are celebrating Erev Sukkot with TBI’s Pizza in the Hut! This year we will be in an actual hut… well, a tent at least! Pre-registration is required. This will be an OUTDOOR EVENT – please dress accordingly. Sign up today to welcome this holiday. Sukkot morning services will be the next morning in-person and available livestream.
Sukkot Morning Services are Tuesday, September 21, 2021
The changing of the leaves and the fall harvest season inspire in us a profound sense of gratitude. On Sukkot we decorate a beautiful Sukkah in our sanctuary and give thanks for the bounty we share. On Sukkot morning (Tuesday, September 21 at 10:30am) we gather together for worship, including festive singing, Hallel (special Psalms), and shaking the lulav.
Kabbalat Erev Shabbat is Friday, September 24, 2021
Erev Shabbat worship will be held in-person and online on Friday, September 24 at 6:05PM. We welcome Shabbat together in the Lorge Sanctuary with song and prayer. Should you need technical support, please contact Amber at DirectorOperations@TBISkokie.org.
Shabbat Morning is Saturday, September 25, 2021
Shabbat morning worship will be held in-person and online on Saturday, September 25 at 10:30AM. We celebrate Shabbat together in the Lorge Sanctuary with Torah, song, and prayer. Should you need technical support, please contact Amber at DirectorOperations@TBISkokie.org.
Sundays at TBI – A Place to Gather, Learn, and Enjoy Time Together!
- Sunday school will meet IN PERSON on Sunday, Sept 19th starting at 9:00AM.
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Monday, September 20 – Temple Office Closes at Noon
- Monday, September 20 – Erev Sukkot Services – 5:30PM
- Tuesday, September 21 – Temple Office Closed
- Tuesday, September 21 – Sukkot Morning Services – 10:30AM
- Thursday, September 23 – Brotherhood Dinner Night Out – 6:30PM
- Sunday, September 26 – Torah 101 – 9:00AM
- Sunday, September 26 – Sukkah Hop – 2:00PM
- Tuesday, October 5 – Sisterhood Study with Rabbi Marks – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, October 6 – Sisterhood Open Program Meeting – 12:45PM
- Wednesday, October 6 – Wednesday Hebrew School begins – 4:15PM
- Thursday, October 7 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Saturday, October 9 – Shabbat morning Torah study resumes – 9:00AM
- Tuesday, October 12 – Sisterhood Study with Rabbi Marks – 10:00AM
- Tuesday, October 12 – Adult Ed/Sisterhood Evening Lecture Series – 7:00PM
- Wednesday, October 13 – Temple Board meeting – 8:00PM
- Thursday, October 14 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Monday, October 18 – Sisterhood Dining Out – 12:00PM
- Wednesday, October 20 – Lunch N’ Learn – 12:00PM
- Thursday, October 21 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Sunday, October 24 – Sunday Morning Seminar – 10:00AM
- Thursday, October 28 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Saturday, October 30 – Havdalah-ween – 6:30PM
Looking forward to back to school shopping? Click here to purchase gift cards and benefit TBI at the same time!
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?