A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Friday Evening, June 21, 2019, is Likrat Shabbat and Kabbalat Shabbat
We gather to welcome Shabbat at Likrat Shabbat on Friday, June 21, 2019 at 5:30PM. Enjoy refreshments, visit with friends and transition from the work week. At 6:05PM we will enjoy Kabbalat Shabbat Services!
Shabbat Morning, Saturday, June 22, 2019 Worship
Shabbat morning worship will be held in the Lorge Sanctuary on Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 10:30AM.
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Thursday, June 20 – Koleynu Potluck – 6:30PM
- Wednesday, June 26 – Membership Committee Meeting – 7:00PM
- Wednesday, June 26 – Sisterhood Book Discussion Group – 7:00PM
- Friday, June 28 – Shabbat at the Park – 6:00PM
- Saturday, June 29 – If I forget – 7:30pm
- Sunday, June 30 – Sisterhood Board Orientation – 9:00AM
- Sunday, June 30 – Brotherhood Outing Chicago Dogs – 1:00PM
- Thursday, July 4 – Skokie 4th of July Parade – 10:30AM
- Wednesday, July 10 – Sisterhood Open Program Meeting – 12:00PM
- Wednesday, July 10 – Temple Board Meeting – 8:00PM
- Sunday, July 14 – Brotherhood Board Meeting – 9:00AM
- Sunday, July 14 – Sisterhood Board Meeting – 10:00AM
- Wednesday, July 24 – Membership Committee Meeting – 7:00PM
- Friday, July 26 – Shabbat at the Park – 6:00PM
- Sunday, July 28 – Sisterhood Mah Jongg Madness – 12:30PM
TBI members and Friends of TBI made the holidays a little brighter for the kids at Herzl school. Channel 7 was there to film.
Centennial Celebrations with TBI in the News!
A Centennial birthday is a big deal and certainly should be celebrated. The leadership of Temple Beth Israel has been working on engaging programs and amazing ideas that honor our past and look towards our future, complete with a birthday party on January 31, 2018. Read the news and enjoy Word from the Heart from our fellow congregants.
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?