A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Friday Evening, August 23, 2019 is Shabbat in the Park
This Shabbat, Friday, August 23, 2019, Temple Beth Israel members, friends, and guests gather at Lovelace park (2740 Gross Point Rd., Evanston, IL 60201) for Kabbalat Shabbat worship (6:00pm) and Shabbat picnic dinner. This month we’ve got dessert covered! Come and enjoy a special dessert AND the S’mores Trough sponsored by OSRUI Camp! At our “Welcome Back, Campers!” Shabbat, there will be camp-style Shabbat Shira singing and all Campers are encouraged to wear camp shirts from their Summer camps. Camp ending means School is around the corner! Religious School starts officially on Sunday, Sept 8, but come meet your teacher and enjoy meeting up with friends (old and new) starting at 5:15pm at this Open House style Elulapalooza at Shabbat in the Park.
Shabbat Morning, Saturday, August 24, 2019, Torah Study
Join with Rabbi Weinberg and TBI members as we meet over the text of Torah and together explore its meaning, Saturday morning 9:00AM – 10:15AM in Rabbi’s Study. Newcomers welcome!
Shabbat Morning, Saturday, August 24, 2019, Worship
Shabbat morning worship will be held in the Lorge Sanctuary on Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 10:30AM when we will celebrate with the Bat Mitzvah and her family.
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Monday, August 19 – Social Action Council Meeting – 7:30PM
- Tuesday, August 20 – Graziano’s Dinner Night Out – 6:00PM
- Thursday, August 22 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Summer Session – 9:30AM
- Wednesday, August 28 – Sisterhood Book Discussion Group – 7:00PM
- Wednesday, August 28 – Jewish Life Council Meeting – 7:30PM
- Thursday, August 29 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Summer Session – 9:30AM
- Wednesday, September 4 – Sisterhood Open Program Meeting – 12:00PM
- Thursday, September 5 – Scribble, Drip and Play – jBaby Class – Fall Session – 9:30AM
- Sunday, September 8 – Sisterhood Bake Sale & Cookie Walk – 8:30AM
- Sunday, September 8 – Opening Day of Bet Midrash – 9:00AM
- Sunday, September 8 – Sisterhood Board Meeting – 10:00AM
- Sunday, September 8 – Back to School Picnic Sponsored by TBI Brotherhood – 11:00AM
We are currently growing the library through membership in the Jewish Book Council which provides an annual shipment of new publications as well as access to contemporary authors. The reviews below are submitted by TBI Members to TBIBookReview@gmail.com.
Looking forward to back to school shopping? Click here to purchase gift cards and benefit TBI at the same time!
TBI members and Friends of TBI made the holidays a little brighter for the kids at Herzl school. Channel 7 was there to film.
Centennial Celebrations with TBI in the News!
A Centennial birthday is a big deal and certainly should be celebrated. The leadership of Temple Beth Israel has been working on engaging programs and amazing ideas that honor our past and look towards our future, complete with a birthday party on January 31, 2018. Read the news and enjoy Word from the Heart from our fellow congregants.
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?