A vibrant and welcoming presence in Skokie, the North Shore, and beyond, the community of Temple Beth Israel opens our doors and our hearts to a diverse population of Reform Jews and their families. Together we learn and pray, share friendships, celebrate life’s joys, support each other through difficult times, and work to make the world a better place.
Friday Evening, May 24, 2019, is Erev Shabbat Services
We gather for Erev Shabbat evening worship on Friday, May 24, 2019 at 7:30PM in the Lorge Sanctuary.
Shabbat Morning Worship
Shabbat morning worship will be held in the Lorge Sanctuary on Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 10:30AM.
Save the Date – Happenings at TBI
- Monday, May 20 – Wiggles and Giggles – Music Class Session 2– 10:00AM
- Wednesday, May 22 – Membership Committee Meeting – 7:00PM
- Thursday, May 23 – Scribble, Drip, and Play 2019 – SESSION 2 – 9:30AM
- Thursday, May 23 – Koleynu Rehearsal – 7:00PM
- Thursday, May 30 – Scribble, Drip, and Play 2019 – SESSION 2 – 9:30AM
- Thursday, May 30 – Koleynu Concert – 7:00PM
- Sunday, June 2 – Sisterhood Earning Fund Luncheon – 11:30AM
- Monday, June 3 – Social Action Council Meeting – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, June 4 – Congregation Annual Meeting – 7:00PM
- Saturday, June 8 – Dessert and Discussion (Shavuot Study) – 7:30PM
- Sunday, June 9 – Shavuot Services with Yizkor, including a light kiddush lunch – 10:30AM
- Tuesday, June 11 – Jewish Life Council Meeting – 7:30PM
- Wednesday, June 12 – Temple Board Meeting – 8:00PM
- Thursday, June 13 – Brotherhood Dinner Night Out – 6:30PM
- Friday, June 14 – Erev Shabbat Services with Koleynu celebrating Leadership Consecration and Eunice Burns’s 41 years of Service to TBI – 7:30PM
- Thursday, June 20 – Koleynu Potluck – 6:30PM
- Wednesday, June 26 – Membership Committee Meeting – 7:00PM
- Wednesday, June 26 – Sisterhood Book Discussion Group – 7:00PM
- Friday, June 28 – Shabbat at the Park – 6:30PM
- Sunday, June 30 – Sisterhood Board Orientation – 9:00AM
Koleynu – In Concert – May 30 – 7:00PM! Not to be missed!
On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 7:00 pm, Come to hear the Temple Beth Israel Koleynu Volunteer choir raise their voices in song! Featuring the works of: Debbie Friedman, Peri Smilow, Julie Silver,
Lisa Levine, Elana Arian, Sharon Bernstein, Beth Styles, Colleen Dieker, Rachelle Nelson and more.
Marla Aviva Bentley, Director of Music with Jennifer McCabe, Pianist
Admission is Complimentary
TBI members and Friends of TBI made the holidays a little brighter for the kids at Herzl school. Channel 7 was there to film.
Centennial Celebrations with TBI in the News!
A Centennial birthday is a big deal and certainly should be celebrated. The leadership of Temple Beth Israel has been working on engaging programs and amazing ideas that honor our past and look towards our future, complete with a birthday party on January 31, 2018. Read the news and enjoy Word from the Heart from our fellow congregants.
As a community of meaning, our paths intertwine on so many levels. Part of the Centennial Celebration has been inviting members to the bima on Shabbat services. Read the Words From the Heart of our membership, describing their Jewish journey and how their paths intertwine with the TBI family.
Have you liked us on Facebook? Did you know that if you find an event on our calendar that you want to attend that you can add it directly to your calendar?